Giving meaning and life to values helps to shape workplace culture. Here are some top tips from Care Leadership Support, on how to give meaning and bring values to life in the workplace.
- If you have not already, identify your values. Invite others (colleagues, customers, stakeholders) to share what they feel are the values of your service and why they feel this. Ascertaining the why will help you to build your understanding of the value’s meaning in practice.
- Values should inform how you recruit (values based recruitment) to ensure you recruit the right people. Check out Skills for Care values based recruitment resources online: Values-based recruitment and retention online events (skillsforcare.org.uk)
- Communicate your values through marketing and social media channels to demonstrate commitment to your values.
- Link celebrations and successes to a value/s; communicate this across your team to give meaning and life to values.
- Set out expected behaviours aligned to values so everyone is clear what is acceptable behaviour and what is not.
To discuss how Care Leadership Support can work with you to embed your values across your service, email email@example.com or complete the contact form on the website available at www.careleadershipsupport.co.uk